World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:52 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:52 pm
Posts: 199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UpuqISDXag

The quality is so-so, but its the only one of its' kind. The guy was nice enough to post it after I noticed he had other 94 T of C vids. The only other Etiwanda 94 vid on youtube is from the BOA regional from that year. Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:05 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:24 pm
Posts: 3159
Location: Brea, California
Pretty innovative year putting the pit back there....and AMPLIFIED!

_________________
Ryan H. Turner
http://vkdm8687.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:55 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:10 pm
Posts: 690
I don't know if it's "rare." I have the '94 T of C tapes, and the '94 BOA Western Regional tapes. I'm partial to the BOA version, as it was my first "real" exposure to Etiwanda '94 (which was kind of a game-changer for southern California), and has a more professional, multi-cam quality to it; and I think it's a better performance than the one at T of C because I think the percussion section was a little off (if I'm not mistaken).

My first memory of Etiwanda was 1993, at the Magnolia Preview of Champions (which is now run by Kennedy). You can find this on Youtube. I'll never forget the snare drum taps as the members snap their fingers and get in small groups to pose. VERY cool, and...I might have influenced my band director to do a West Side Story type show for my senior year of high school, which unfortunately was not pulled off quite as well. :( Yeah, Los Altos won that year (as they did most years, because they seemed to own that tournament; and Rick the Rock talked them up)...but Etiwanda got their Magnolia win in '95 with a SPECTACULAR show.

I remember that as a high school band student I so desperately wanted to be in "good bands" like Poway and Etiwanda. My first internet experience was joining the rec.arts.marching.band.high-school newsgroup, where I was such a fanboy. I even became the friend of a member of the Etiwanda band (Jeremy Kritt) at the time by sending him an e-mail and meeting him on the field after their Magnolia win in '95. It was like meeting a rock star. But truly, he was just a kid, like me, and such a nice guy--a true role model, and champion. Sometimes I wonder where he is now.

All right, I digress. This is what happens when you head down to memory lane. Right now I'm in the process of collecting field show ideas from past shows. I want to re-watch Mission Viejo 1995, Fred C. Beyer 1993 (yes, the Fred C. Beyer that whooped Poway, Diamond Bar, and Mt. Carmel at the BOA Western Regional), Herbert Hoover 1993 (BOA finalist--top 5--at the BOA Western Regional), and William Mason 2012 at BOA Grand Nationals (AMAZING auxiliary costumes, and overall a neat show). Just bought the 1993 WSMBC (WBA) Championships from Playback Memories and the 2012 BOA Semi-finals featuring Mason as early Christmas gifts to myself.

Man...I'm STILL such a nerd. Okay, I'm outta here.

Alan


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:31 am 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:24 pm
Posts: 3159
Location: Brea, California
Yes......yes you are. Challenging my domination in the nerd world at that!!

_________________
Ryan H. Turner
http://vkdm8687.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:12 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:10 pm
Posts: 690
Ryan H. Turner wrote:
Yes......yes you are. Challenging my domination in the nerd world at that!!


I try, Ryan. But it will be very, very hard to beat you. I'd have to be a former member, full-time instructor, forums pontificator, clinician, leadership guru, drill designer, AND judge. I guess the only thing you have left is to be a band direc--oh wait--you did that, too. ;)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:52 pm
Posts: 199
airons0678 wrote:
I don't know if it's "rare." I have the '94 T of C tapes, and the '94 BOA Western Regional tapes. I'm partial to the BOA version, as it was my first "real" exposure to Etiwanda '94 (which was kind of a game-changer for southern California), and has a more professional, multi-cam quality to it; and I think it's a better performance than the one at T of C because I think the percussion section was a little off (if I'm not mistaken).

My first memory of Etiwanda was 1993, at the Magnolia Preview of Champions (which is now run by Kennedy). You can find this on Youtube. I'll never forget the snare drum taps as the members snap their fingers and get in small groups to pose. VERY cool, and...I might have influenced my band director to do a West Side Story type show for my senior year of high school, which unfortunately was not pulled off quite as well. :( Yeah, Los Altos won that year (as they did most years, because they seemed to own that tournament; and Rick the Rock talked them up)...but Etiwanda got their Magnolia win in '95 with a SPECTACULAR show.

I remember that as a high school band student I so desperately wanted to be in "good bands" like Poway and Etiwanda. My first internet experience was joining the rec.arts.marching.band.high-school newsgroup, where I was such a fanboy. I even became the friend of a member of the Etiwanda band (Jeremy Kritt) at the time by sending him an e-mail and meeting him on the field after their Magnolia win in '95. It was like meeting a rock star. But truly, he was just a kid, like me, and such a nice guy--a true role model, and champion. Sometimes I wonder where he is now.

All right, I digress. This is what happens when you head down to memory lane. Right now I'm in the process of collecting field show ideas from past shows. I want to re-watch Mission Viejo 1995, Fred C. Beyer 1993 (yes, the Fred C. Beyer that whooped Poway, Diamond Bar, and Mt. Carmel at the BOA Western Regional), Herbert Hoover 1993 (BOA finalist--top 5--at the BOA Western Regional), and William Mason 2012 at BOA Grand Nationals (AMAZING auxiliary costumes, and overall a neat show). Just bought the 1993 WSMBC (WBA) Championships from Playback Memories and the 2012 BOA Semi-finals featuring Mason as early Christmas gifts to myself.

Man...I'm STILL such a nerd. Okay, I'm outta here.

Alan


Well, "rare" in the sense that nobody in the youtube community had see it before.
I remember hating the 94 western regional performance video for the infuriatingly random cuts. I could never tell what was going on with the "big picture." So at best, the 94 t of c video is a great supplement to the western regional in terms of camera angles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY rare Etiwanda 94@T of C
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:08 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:10 pm
Posts: 690
wjs05 wrote:
airons0678 wrote:
I don't know if it's "rare." I have the '94 T of C tapes, and the '94 BOA Western Regional tapes. I'm partial to the BOA version, as it was my first "real" exposure to Etiwanda '94 (which was kind of a game-changer for southern California), and has a more professional, multi-cam quality to it; and I think it's a better performance than the one at T of C because I think the percussion section was a little off (if I'm not mistaken).

My first memory of Etiwanda was 1993, at the Magnolia Preview of Champions (which is now run by Kennedy). You can find this on Youtube. I'll never forget the snare drum taps as the members snap their fingers and get in small groups to pose. VERY cool, and...I might have influenced my band director to do a West Side Story type show for my senior year of high school, which unfortunately was not pulled off quite as well. :( Yeah, Los Altos won that year (as they did most years, because they seemed to own that tournament; and Rick the Rock talked them up)...but Etiwanda got their Magnolia win in '95 with a SPECTACULAR show.

I remember that as a high school band student I so desperately wanted to be in "good bands" like Poway and Etiwanda. My first internet experience was joining the rec.arts.marching.band.high-school newsgroup, where I was such a fanboy. I even became the friend of a member of the Etiwanda band (Jeremy Kritt) at the time by sending him an e-mail and meeting him on the field after their Magnolia win in '95. It was like meeting a rock star. But truly, he was just a kid, like me, and such a nice guy--a true role model, and champion. Sometimes I wonder where he is now.

All right, I digress. This is what happens when you head down to memory lane. Right now I'm in the process of collecting field show ideas from past shows. I want to re-watch Mission Viejo 1995, Fred C. Beyer 1993 (yes, the Fred C. Beyer that whooped Poway, Diamond Bar, and Mt. Carmel at the BOA Western Regional), Herbert Hoover 1993 (BOA finalist--top 5--at the BOA Western Regional), and William Mason 2012 at BOA Grand Nationals (AMAZING auxiliary costumes, and overall a neat show). Just bought the 1993 WSMBC (WBA) Championships from Playback Memories and the 2012 BOA Semi-finals featuring Mason as early Christmas gifts to myself.

Man...I'm STILL such a nerd. Okay, I'm outta here.

Alan


Well, "rare" in the sense that nobody in the youtube community had see it before.
I remember hating the 94 western regional performance video for the infuriatingly random cuts. I could never tell what was going on with the "big picture." So at best, the 94 t of c video is a great supplement to the western regional in terms of camera angles.


Good point. And I would argue that it's "all rare" now, with the advent of DVD and the fact that a lot of VHS tapes from that era may not have been transferred over.

Alan


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics