Location for SCSBOA 6A

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

peapod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Location for SCSBOA 6A

Post by peapod » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:30 am

Last I heard, directly from Arcadia, the field tournament was being held at East LA College instead of the usual Citrus College. Has it changed back to Citrus? *crossing fingers*

Edited to add: I did see that Citrus was listed on the events page, I'm just skeptical because I heard a good reason why it would NOT be moved back once it was scheduled at ELAC.

cigol

Re: Location for SCSBOA 6A

Post by cigol » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 am

You're right, Arcadia held its field tournament at ELAC last year, but as far as I know, it is being held at Citrus again this year for championships.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 am

That had me confused for awhile too. When I set up the listings in the WoP Events calendar I went with location listed on Arcadia's website instead of what SCSBOA had listed. But now Arcadia's website has changed the location to Citrus College, so when I added the performance line ups for the 6A Championship field show the other day I also updated the location. So I believe we can call it official now, the 6A show is at Citrus College.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

bandguy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bandguy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:46 am

I believe Citrus College can't confirm the date earlier because of potential football playoffs, so ELAC is booked early to at least have a venue for the date. (ELAC is still under major construction around the stadium area, so they we're OK with not having the event).
Pep Manning

Fore!
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fore! » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Citrus College was going under some renovations that were completed ahead of schedule. East LA allowed Arcadia to move the 6A championships back to Citrus College with no penalties, etc.

peapod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by peapod » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Thank you, everyone! Citrus College's stadium is a great venue every year for the Arcadia Festival of Bands (and for SCSBOA this time). I'm glad to hear they could work this out.

Jblopez16
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Jblopez16 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Citrus. I spoke with Arcadia's director on Tuesday and he confirmed. They used to hold DCI shows here. Good sounding stadium.
Joel Lopez M.M.
Instrumental Music Director,
Charter Oak High School
Covina, CA