Controversial post - points are a useful lie.

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

PSM
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Controversial post - points are a useful lie.

Post by PSM » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm just not going to continue to apologize over this. What was said was said.

There have been some pretty epic arguments on this forum over the years, so the sensitivity here has been rather surprising. First the Ayala thing, and now this thing about designers and voiceovers.

I haven't posted anything to this forum in years, and this is a new username. I'm not exactly a n00b here. I've made some reasonably decent contributions to this place over the last couple weeks, but if I'm going to be a problem, then by all means, let me know.

wjs05
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wjs05 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm

PSM wrote:I'm just not going to continue to apologize over this. What was said was said.

There have been some pretty epic arguments on this forum over the years, so the sensitivity here has been rather surprising. First the Ayala thing, and now this thing about designers and voiceovers.

I haven't posted anything to this forum in years, and this is a new username. I'm not exactly a n00b here. I've made some reasonably decent contributions to this place over the last couple weeks, but if I'm going to be a problem, then by all means, let me know.
No way! you're great. I DID jump on you over the Ayala thing. But that was just a misunderstanding. You didn't say anything outlandish in this thread. So NO, you are not a problem.

wjs05
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wjs05 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:02 pm

PSM wrote:I'm just not going to continue to apologize over this. What was said was said.

BTW, what are some of your favorite California shows ever? I remember you mentioned PCEP 99: that's my favorite national show of all time.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:40 am

Boy... some of the folks here have really thin skins... do we need to create a save zone here? :lol:

No designers have been insulted by name, so let's get over it! But if the shoe fits... :shock: I for one agree, if it is not performed by a student member of the band, it doesn't belong in the show! Designers should know and understand that concept... Also, not all ideas work well in practical application!

Now you can all vent your displeasure at me! :yeah:
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Last edited by 8-ball on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wjs05
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wjs05 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Bandmaster wrote:Boy... some of the folks here have really thin skins... do we need to create a save zone here? :lol:

No designers have been insulted by name, so let's get over it! But if the shoe fits... :shock: I for one agree, if it is not performed by a student member of the band, it doesn't belong in the show! Designers should know and understand that concept... Also, not all ideas work well in practical application!

Now you can all vent your displeasure at me! :yeah:

Well said! :D :D :D :D :D :D