World of Pageantry
http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/

Congrats James Logan
http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21774
Page 1 of 1

Author:  wjs05 [ Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Congrats James Logan

Amazing show. Simply outstanding!

Author:  airons0678 [ Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Congrats James Logan

I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan

Author:  Euphman [ Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Congrats James Logan

airons0678 wrote:
I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan


Do you think Logan could make it into the top 12 at BOA Grand Nats if they entered?

Author:  airons0678 [ Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Congrats James Logan

Euphman wrote:
airons0678 wrote:
I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan


Do you think Logan could make it into the top 12 at BOA Grand Nats if they entered?


I believe so. I believe that Ayala and Logan BOTH would have had a solid shot at making the top 12 in Indy this year.

It would be nice to see Logan make the trip to a BOA Regional or Grand Nationals some day. Perhaps their new band director will take some chances.

Alan

Author:  wjs05 [ Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Congrats James Logan

airons0678 wrote:
I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan


Both were awesome. Logan would have made top 12 at BOA and I feel they would have scored in the 90's.

Author:  Hostrauser [ Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Congrats James Logan

airons0678 wrote:
It would be nice to see Logan make the trip to a BOA Regional or Grand Nationals some day. Perhaps their new band director will take some chances.

Alan

Logan's certainly not afraid of challenges on the field. Logan's biggest challenge is with the bank account. They run a VERY thin ledger compared to most BOA caliber bands, and usually only barely have enough funds to get to WBA champs each year. There's a reason they only do three or four local shows each fall and WBA champs: they can't afford to do more. :(

Author:  airons0678 [ Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Congrats James Logan

Hostrauser wrote:
airons0678 wrote:
It would be nice to see Logan make the trip to a BOA Regional or Grand Nationals some day. Perhaps their new band director will take some chances.

Alan

Logan's certainly not afraid of challenges on the field. Logan's biggest challenge is with the bank account. They run a VERY thin ledger compared to most BOA caliber bands, and usually only barely have enough funds to get to WBA champs each year. There's a reason they only do three or four local shows each fall and WBA champs: they can't afford to do more. :(


Well that's a bummer in regards to financial challenges. But at least they're making good use of their time and resources. BOA ought to plant a show in Pleasant Hill, at Diablo Valley College. I'm sure a BOA show there would generate interest in a lot of local and semi-distant bands (in Oregon, Washington, and maybe Nevada).

Alan

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/