Congrats James Logan

Post by wjs05 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Amazing show. Simply outstanding!

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Congrats James Logan

Post by airons0678 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm

I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan

Euphman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Euphman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:04 pm

airons0678 wrote:I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan
Do you think Logan could make it into the top 12 at BOA Grand Nats if they entered?

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airons0678 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Euphman wrote:
airons0678 wrote:I agree! I would say they are easily the best field show band in California right now, with Ayala in a close second.

Alan
Do you think Logan could make it into the top 12 at BOA Grand Nats if they entered?
I believe so. I believe that Ayala and Logan BOTH would have had a solid shot at making the top 12 in Indy this year.

It would be nice to see Logan make the trip to a BOA Regional or Grand Nationals some day. Perhaps their new band director will take some chances.

Alan

wjs05
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wjs05 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Alan
Both were awesome. Logan would have made top 12 at BOA and I feel they would have scored in the 90's.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:52 pm

airons0678 wrote:It would be nice to see Logan make the trip to a BOA Regional or Grand Nationals some day. Perhaps their new band director will take some chances.

Alan
Logan's certainly not afraid of challenges on the field. Logan's biggest challenge is with the bank account. They run a VERY thin ledger compared to most BOA caliber bands, and usually only barely have enough funds to get to WBA champs each year. There's a reason they only do three or four local shows each fall and WBA champs: they can't afford to do more. :(

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airons0678 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
airons0678 wrote:It would be nice to see Logan make the trip to a BOA Regional or Grand Nationals some day. Perhaps their new band director will take some chances.

Alan
Logan's certainly not afraid of challenges on the field. Logan's biggest challenge is with the bank account. They run a VERY thin ledger compared to most BOA caliber bands, and usually only barely have enough funds to get to WBA champs each year. There's a reason they only do three or four local shows each fall and WBA champs: they can't afford to do more. :(
Well that's a bummer in regards to financial challenges. But at least they're making good use of their time and resources. BOA ought to plant a show in Pleasant Hill, at Diablo Valley College. I'm sure a BOA show there would generate interest in a lot of local and semi-distant bands (in Oregon, Washington, and maybe Nevada).

Alan