Your Opinions Please!!!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Ace
Rookie
Rookie

Your Opinions Please!!!

Post by Ace » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:35 pm

Hey I just wanted to know, what are your guys' (and gals') opinion on Riverside Poly's Show? Also, Ramona, your colorguard rocks! :shock:
My Keys
POLY
02'-03' Synth
03'-04 Caliope

GO PICCOLOS!
Poly PIT

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Ramona And Riverside Poly

Post by BlueStarMom » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:32 pm

I have witnessed Ramona's show 3 times now. I can identify with a train theme. I work for AMTRAK. Anyway, I like their crossing guard props, 3 are done like a real crossing signal, one is not. Their jazz part on the stools, and the drill team with the frames do not make sense to me, fitting within the sense of a "train theme". It is the first time in four years of seeing their show there is not smoke or fire. All in all it is a nice show. Good luck to Ramona. The BSR and Ramona will probably meet at SCSBOA in Class 5A.

The Riverside Poly show I have seen also 3 times. I believe they are 3A. The show has an interesting theme. It seems to me the music is pretty similar in tempo throughout their show. It seems to be a "dark" show, with serious music. I know that EJ is a hard working colorguard member (I am aquainted with her personally). Good luck also to Poly in Class 3A.

Again these are just my personal opinions as an outside observer. Personally this year I do not have a current member in band. I am just enjoying the different shows this year, with no particular stake in who wins or loses. Good luck to all.

:D :D :D :D
BlueStarMom
:)