SCSBOA Championships

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Hart, baby!

Post by gangemi » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:05 am

Oh, believe me...none of us have a shred of doubt that Hart will be back in that top 10! You guys are totally awesome. Here's to a great Rampage today and a great season for you guys! We are going on right before you and are actually going to fall off the field and stand there to watch because nobody from Westlake wants to miss Hart's show.

Good luck today!

Mike Gangemi
Assistant Director of Bands
Westlake HS

fritoflaker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by fritoflaker » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:23 am

A big thanks to gangemi!! :D I never in my wildest dreams thought we would accomplish some of the things we already have this season. We were in 3A two years ago...everything that has happened is absolutely amazing. Thank you for your comment, I hope we continue to do well this season. Championships should be good entertainment. We will meet there with John W. North yet again....Hmm, better keep workin hard, eh? :wink:
Marissa
Murrieta Valley Crimson Cadets
Percussion Captain

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: SCSBOA Championships

Post by The Aceman » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:28 am

gangemi wrote:
Goth_MV_Tenor wrote:... the lowest combined season score of the ten performing first and the highest last.
Actually, I am not so sure this is correct. From what I understand, the bands are not being "seeded". Once the top 10 are in place SCSBOA will do a draw on November 15 or 16 to determine the lineup for each group.

Mike Gangemi
Assistant Director of Bands
Westlake HS
My mistake, sorry. :(
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:20 pm

gangemi wrote: Granada Hills will also do well...
speaking of Granada Hills who has actually seen their show? What is the theme? How is their DLine? Just wondering since we havent been at any of the same competitions as them.

coolguyschmutz

for sure

Post by coolguyschmutz » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:02 pm

I'm from John North and we have lost to you the past two weeks by less than a point so champs should be entertaining. We dont compete until Savanna which wont count for champs. Dunno if you will be there. If not, see you in long beach.

fritoflaker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by fritoflaker » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:47 pm

I agree that Champs should be interesting! :wink: I personally feel honored to be competing against North in the first place. Winning isn't even necessarily important. Our program has ALWAYS looked up to yours, so being in your division is enough in itself. We compete at Vista on 11/8 and Temecula on 11/15. Champs is 11/22 right? Hmm. Fill me in if ya know! Good Luck to North for the next couple of weeks, I presume we won't see you until Championships.

*To all other 5A groups who are tentative for Champs: Good Luck as well! The only group we've competed against who is practically a shoe-in is North....but it doesn't mean we don't know you're all out there!! Good Luck to you all, and see ya soon!!* :)
Marissa
Percussion Captain

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

fritoflaker

Post by BlueStarMom » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:39 pm

Hi, you are absolutely right. SCSBOA Championships are scheduled in LB, CA on November 22nd.

The BSR won the first SCSBOA championship last year when my daughter was a member. She plays flute.

That was last year, and this is this year. Again good luck to all 5A bands when they meet at the finals.

:D :D :D :D
BlueStarMom
:)

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Savanna FST

Post by BlueStarMom » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:45 pm

At www.scsboa.org website, the Savanna FST is listed under SCSBOA judged events. To my knowledge that would seem to indicate these scores could count towards qualifying for championships at Long Beach. Why would they not count? This competition is 1 week before championships. Your band director is probably better equipped to answer this question.

BlueStarMom
:)

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Savanna FST

Post by The Aceman » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:26 pm

BlueStarMom wrote:At www.scsboa.org website, the Savanna FST is listed under SCSBOA judged events. To my knowledge that would seem to indicate these scores could count towards qualifying for championships at Long Beach. Why would they not count? This competition is 1 week before championships. Your band director is probably better equipped to answer this question.

Savanna will not count because SCSBOA only accepts scores for championships until the 8th, and Savanna is held on the 15th.

fritoflaker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by fritoflaker » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:38 pm

Hmm. I guess we better kick some serious butt at Vista then, eh Scot? :D

*Does anybody know the Vista line up?? I'm curious to know who we're competing against. I'm pretty sure Mr. Mello said Vista, Temecula, Mira Mesa...and then RB and RBV in 6a....anybody know?*
Marissa
Percussion Captain

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:49 pm

fritoflaker wrote:Hmm. I guess we better kick some serious butt at Vista then, eh Scot? :D
like i said in another thread, we are working hard towards perc. sweeps again, like our first comp.

kkeonih667
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by kkeonih667 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:42 am

fritoflaker wrote:Hmm. I guess we better kick some serious butt at Vista then, eh Scot? :D

*Does anybody know the Vista line up?? I'm curious to know who we're competing against. I'm pretty sure Mr. Mello said Vista, Temecula, Mira Mesa...and then RB and RBV in 6a....anybody know?*
The lineup for 5A and 6A is....
Murietta Valley
Mira Mesa
Temecula Valley
Helix
Rancho Buena Vista
Rancho Bernardo
Vista

this is the lineup if you wanna see the complete lineup go to Vistaband.org

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:45 pm

too bad the judging is slanted towards the later bands, not good for murrieta valley. :( But we have won even going first, so hopefully it wont make too much of a difference. Good luck to everyone at Vista. :)

TeNoRsAx7

Post by TeNoRsAx7 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:38 pm

hey. i was just wondering where you got the info on the places

saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saugusbandgeek » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:44 pm

If you're referring to where Champs is being held it's under the events section at www.scsboa.org
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004