SCSBOA 3A

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

clarinetgold

SCSBOA 3A

Post by clarinetgold » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Championships this week, any 3A predictions?

Proficiscor
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: SCSBOA 3A

Post by Proficiscor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:05 pm

The shows for 3A are good, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about them. Anyone can really take it in the top four. My top 4 list in order:
Royal/Colony (Couldn't pick, but Colony's show did make me feel chills down my spine)
Valencia
Palisades

ODannyBoi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ODannyBoi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 pm

I saw Valencia at Hart Rampage (seems SOOOooo long ago now) and their show was awesome and actually scary good (so to speak... they ARE performing a Phobias show). I can only imagine how much better their show's become.

This weekend I saw and heard Pali at Savanna. They played with such amazing nuance and blend. One of the Music Perf judges Box 5'd them, and I think, deservedly so.

Haven't had a chance to hear/see Colony or Royal this year, but Colony always has a sound I absolutely COVET.
Daniel J. Magallanes
Director of Bands,
Monrovia H.S. - Monrovia, CA
www.MonroviaMusic.org

clarinetgold

Post by clarinetgold » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:24 am

also think colony/valencia/pali are great contenders. Santa Monica could be a dark horse this year though. They sounded great at Los Altos last time i saw them

Brassman123

Post by Brassman123 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 pm

I haven't seen many 3a shows this year, but the one that I'm rooting for is Royal. Their Peter Pan show gave me chills. And the fact that I saw a color guard member pick up a tuba and play amazed me