Spring 2014 Southern California Parades??8

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Spring 2014 Southern California Parades??8

Post by Psalm 56 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 pm

A list of parades for the Southern Califormia Area. Also music festivals?? band2gether@comcast.net. THANK YOU.

PGOK
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: Spring 2014 Southern California Parades??8

Post by PGOK » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Go to the SCSBOA site for a list of parades they judge. Also check the Pageantry Productions site for some other parades. In the next month or two SCSBOA should be posting their B&O festival schedule. There are also the companies that put on festivals: Forum, Music in the Parks, etc.
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by dr » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 pm

There are a few SCSBOA-adjudicated parades in the spring, including the Temple City Camellia Days Parade (February 22), the Laguna Beach Patriots Day Parade (March 1), the San Juan Capistrano Swallows Day Parade (March 22), and the Fillmore Parade (May 17). They are listed on the SCSBOA website, http://www.scsboa.org. Other events may be added after the beginning of the year.

Burbank hosts Burbank On Parade April 20.

Pageantry Productions usually hosts some parades in the spring. i believe I noticed some parades adjudicated by SCJA but their calendar didn't extend past the end of the year when I last looked. Both organizations have web pages you can access.

I am involved in discussions about a possible band review tied to the Fontana Days Parade June 7, but it is little more than an idea at this point. I'll announce it here if anything comes of it. It's unclear if there would be significant interest in a band review that late in the school year. It would be great if it were to materialize. if you're interested, let me know. Watch this space.
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!

Luis
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Luis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:32 am

dr wrote: I am involved in discussions about a possible band review tied to the Fontana Days Parade June 7, but it is little more than an idea at this point. I'll announce it here if anything comes of it. It's unclear if there would be significant interest in a band review that late in the school year. It would be great if it were to materialize. if you're interested, let me know. Watch this space.
That's a great idea!