Are You Ready for Football Season?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Are You Ready for Football Season?

Post by JLGORMAN » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:22 pm

This weekend starts the football season in Texas with the first games slated for this evening the 29th of Aug. One of this years most interesting events will be the opening performance on Aug 30th of the 815 member Allen Eagle Escadrille at the game vs South lake Carroll. The dynamics of moving this band are daunting. Their web page describes in detail what the members have to do. I would estimate that they need 16 busses to take the Band to their away games(Yes, they march at all games, home and away) Their pregame meal is being catered by Which Wich, which can you imagine having to prepare and deliver almost 900 sandwiches for Band, Directors and Chaperones.
This year for the first time the BOA Contest for North Texas will be held in the new 18,000 seat stadium at Allen. Also for the first time in many years the Eagle Escadrille will compete that day along with performing at the UIL Regional Marching Contest that afternoon in Mesquite, TX. This should be the start of a long season for Allen, They are the defending UIL 5A Football Champions and are rated 5th in the nation.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

clarinetking
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Are You Ready for Football Season?

Post by clarinetking » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 pm

I am SO ready. I am RETIRED!!!!!
"Soup"er man.

The American Indians found out the hard way what happens when you don't control immigration.

JCYS
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Are You Ready for Football Season?

Post by JCYS » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Football is the bane of human existence.