Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Another merchant a victim of the economy

Post by dr » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 am

I received the following note from Burt’s Music in Print (Covina, CA) –

Dear Teachers, Friends & Colleagues,

After nearly 40 years serving the music community, on Feb 23 we are closing our doors. Everything in stock is 25% to 60% off. Now is the time to stock up on any music needs for the coming months. Please tell your students, too. A lot of wonderful music needs good homes! Through the end of January, we will still be ordering from publishers in case you need anything extra.

We have very much appreciated the opportunity to serve you. If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to call.

Wishing You the Very Best,

Pepper & Barbara

I previously posted on the Directors forum the availability and sale of various band literature at Burt’s Music in Print.

This store has been a great resource to me for classical and popular music for piano. They took over the inventory from Ralph Pierce Music in Pomona when they closed in the 1980s. They have a limited selection of marches (conductor scores and individual parts) as a result of a project from a few years ago to try to stock all the music on the SCSBOA approved HS and MS march lists. They also have an extensive selection of band and orchestra method books, orchestral scores, etc. Based on my own experience, they are very good at special ordering merchandise not in stock.

Attached are files of the scores we have in stock. Many are conductor scores, several are conductor scores and parts. While prices are indicated, please note ALL music is at least 25% off the listed price. Barbara most recently sent me the following note:

All band materials are now discounted 30% due to our closing sale! Wednesday, Feb. 23rd is our last day. Hurry in now for best selection!

I attached the two files she sent to me listing some of the inventory that is available. Please call if you have any questions.

Burt’s Music in Print
186 E. Rowland St.
Covina, CA 91723
http://www.burtsmusic.com
(626) 966-2466
Attachments
Full Scores List.pdf
Full Scores List
(38.33 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
ConcertBand.pdf
Concert Band Music Available
(89.68 KiB) Downloaded 256 times