1A SCSBOA Championship predictions

Post by bass3bwoy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Who will come out on top? I have yet to see any them. :cry:

magicsax22
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1A SCSBOA Championship predictions

Post by magicsax22 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 am

Having seen LA, Canyon, and Gabrielino...I can honestly say I have no idea. I saw LA at their first show so it is hard to compare. They always have a very clean show by the end of the season as evidenced by the number of times they have come out in the top three in 1A....but their first show out is usually kinda shaky and that's what I saw.

Canyon has a really intense show, definitely a lot more musical and visual demand and challenge in it than the other two. If they can have a really clean run I think they could take it.

Gabrielino has a very well played show. Personally I think it gets a little repetitive in the rhythm and articulation, but they play a very tight show.

I think it will come down to who has a better performance that day, and how much they get rewarded for challenge/demand. If the judges don't just reward clean, but also really take into account the level of demand being asked of the students, I think Canyon could beat out the others....especially if they have a really clean run. That being said, LA and Gabrielino do play very tight and do march well, even if their shows don't have as much demand. I think it will be very down to the wire for the top spot.

I haven't seen most of the other 1A's that are in the top at the moment, so I don't know if any of them have a show that could possibly take out one of the top 3...but I'd say all bets are off this year. A lot of change in the 1A division this year, and some very tight grid placements in the lower half of the division at the moment mean you can't start counting your chickens.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 am

I'm very behind on updating my spreadsheet, and I can't say which bands are attending Champs and which are not, but at the end of October my 1A Top 5 looked like this...

73.90 South East
71.84 Los Angeles
70.68 Canyon (Canyon Country)
67.34 Sunny Hills
67.14 Gabrielino

shinybrass
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by shinybrass » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Here is my prediction. Scores are pretty close so the bottom half might change after Saturday performances. I split it in groups on what i think each groups are capable of getting, for example, I think Canyon will get 1st but they could get 4th... well anyways these are my predictions for this year champs.

1st-4th
Canyon
Los Angeles
Gabrielino
Sunny Hills
--------------------
5th-9th
Workman
Lancaster
Citrus Valley
Oxnard
Fallbrook
--------------------
10th-12th
Tustin
Yucaipa
Nordoff

magicsax22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by magicsax22 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 am

I wouldn't count out St. John Bosco. They are going to be out this weekend, have seen consistent growth in their scores...and have a low score at the moment that is very low compared to their other scores. If they drop that 45 and replace it with something close to their other scores they could jump up into the top 12. I'd also not count out Rio Mesa yet either. That jump to the 66 could really help get them a spot if they have another great show at Moorpark and bump out that 46. Not to mention there are a few of the groups that aren't competing this weekend who are in the bottom few spots, and could easily get bumped.

As always there will be great performances and if my group is there I'll be disappointed that I don't get to spend more time watching the other groups. Silly things like warming up and loading and changing all get in the way.

Band Dude 16
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Band Dude 16 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm

1st-4th
Canyon
Los Angeles
Gabrielino
Sunny Hills
Los Angeles will get the Gold. They are too clean for the other groups.

humor_me123

Post by humor_me123 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm

what would have south east gotten if they had gone? before championships they were less than a point from la.. :?:

6yr.bandvet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by 6yr.bandvet » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 am

They would have gotten a long lecture about just showing up then politely be requested to park their vehicles elsewhere.