86.20 Richland
85.75 Flower Mound
85.05 Plano East
83.90 Spring
83.85 Leander

Music Caption to Marcus
GE Caption to Marcus
Visual Caption tie between Marcus & The Woodlands
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Re: BOA San Antonio Super Regional Final Results Nov 3, 2012

Post by airons0678 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:18 am

JLGORMAN wrote:The Final Results from the BOA Super Regional, San Antonio, TX

96.10 Marcus(2nd Highest Score ever Recorded in BOA Regional or
Super Regional)
93.25 The Woodlands
90.20 LD Bell
89.70 Claudia Taylor Johnson
89.25 Cedar Park
87.85 Ronald Reagan
87.25 Hebron
87.15 Round Rock
86.80 Westlake, Austin
86.20 Richland
85.75 Flower Mound
85.05 Plano East
83.90 Spring
83.85 Leander

Music Caption to Marcus
GE Caption to Marcus
Visual Caption tie between Marcus & The Woodlands
It should be noted that neither Bowie nor Churchill made finals. (It's been a long time since that's happenend.) But I remember well the year Bowie didn't make finals in San Antonio and yet made finals at Grand Nationals the following week. Yes, Texas is *that* blood-bath-ish. Congratulations to Marcus, spiraling it up to 96.10. Of course, this begs the speculation of "how would Marcus do if they went to Indy?" I think they'd do quite well. I don't think they'd win.

Alan

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JLGORMAN » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 am

Unfortunately with UIL Being on Tuesday, and Grand Nationals starting on Thursday, there is no way most of the best Texas Bands could even attempt Grand Nationals this year. Also Marcus, The Woodlands and Owasso, OK are performing at he Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago next month. Preparing for this also demands a lot of time and effort. I remember several years ago Logan got invitied to perform at Midwest and they severely limited any marching performances that fall to get ready for Midwest. None of these three Bands did that.

As to if Marcus would win Grand Nationals, They would have the top Music Score, but would not win.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 am

airons0678 wrote:It should be noted that neither Bowie nor Churchill made finals. (It's been a long time since that's happenend.) But I remember well the year Bowie didn't make finals in San Antonio and yet made finals at Grand Nationals the following week. Yes, Texas is *that* blood-bath-ish. Congratulations to Marcus, spiraling it up to 96.10. Of course, this begs the speculation of "how would Marcus do if they went to Indy?" I think they'd do quite well. I don't think they'd win.

Alan
I think you mean Stephen F. Austin, as James Bowie wasn't at San Antonio.

bigcity
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bigcity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Is there going to be a video posted of the shows from San Antonio? I am dying to see/hear Marcus. Anyone know what their show is titled? What music they are drawing from for it? Thank you in advance...

Wolfgang
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Wolfgang » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:15 pm

airons0678 wrote:
JLGORMAN wrote:
It should be noted that neither Bowie nor Churchill made finals.
Alan
Alan, Bowie wasn't competing this weekend. Since the UIL AAAAA finals are Tuesday, my understanding is they took the weekend off since they have 2 big shows this week.

Have a safe trip to Indy. Having seen the ISSMA finals yesterday, I'm not saying Carmel is going to win Grand Nationals, but if I were a betting man I wouldn't bet against them.... their GE is off the charts. It should be a great finals next Saturday night.

airons0678
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airons0678 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Wolfgang wrote:
airons0678 wrote:
JLGORMAN wrote:
It should be noted that neither Bowie nor Churchill made finals.
Alan
Alan, Bowie wasn't competing this weekend. Since the UIL AAAAA finals are Tuesday, my understanding is they took the weekend off since they have 2 big shows this week.

Have a safe trip to Indy. Having seen the ISSMA finals yesterday, I'm not saying Carmel is going to win Grand Nationals, but if I were a betting man I wouldn't bet against them.... their GE is off the charts. It should be a great finals next Saturday night.
Aaah. I stand corrected. Good stuff about Carmel. THANK YOU! I look forward to coming back! I will see you there, I hope?

Alan

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JLGORMAN » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:25 pm

bigcity wrote:Is there going to be a video posted of the shows from San Antonio? I am dying to see/hear Marcus. Anyone know what their show is titled? What music they are drawing from for it? Thank you in advance...
Marcus Show is entitled Gilded Melodies with Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3 and Cello Suite No. 5. A great performance of Baroque Music. They are great musically. Probably among the top 100 Bands nationally on the Concert Stage.

enobmort1974
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by enobmort1974 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:21 pm

JLGORMAN wrote:Unfortunately with UIL Being on Tuesday, and Grand Nationals starting on Thursday, there is no way most of the best Texas Bands could even attempt Grand Nationals this year. Also Marcus, The Woodlands and Owasso, OK are performing at he Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago next month. Preparing for this also demands a lot of time and effort. I remember several years ago Logan got invitied to perform at Midwest and they severely limited any marching performances that fall to get ready for Midwest. None of these three Bands did that.

As to if Marcus would win Grand Nationals, They would have the top Music Score, but would not win.
As a director who was competing in the WBA with Logan the year they went to Midwest...FYI.

They in actuality only cut their competitive season short by 1 week, effectively ending their season on their home show, which is traditionally the same week as BOA Grand Nationals. I wouldn't say they severely limited their marching season that year in preparation for Midwest.
Repetition is the beast of excellence.