Glendale Scores

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Glendale Scores

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm

instrumental director wrote:Look at the scores for percussion...i think the sweeps for percussion is incorrect.
Glendale what? Did Glendale win percussion sweepstakes? At what show? Or are you talking about that show that Glendale hosted a couple weeks ago? Are you talking about the scores listed on our scores page or scores listed on the official recap? You gotta give more specifics when asking a question!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

SuperAction80
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SuperAction80 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm

I think what he was referring to was the Glendale SCJA Show on October 20th. On the scores page you have the division 5A captions and percussion and auxiliary sweeps as the tournament sweeps. When in fact another school in a lower division scored higher than the 5A percussion sweeps winner. I was there I don't believe they announced an overall tournament sweeps in any captions or percussion/auxiliary...just division sweeps.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Division Sweeps? I have never heard a such a thing. Those are just division caption winners. Sweepstakes winners are supposed to be for the whole tournament.

But in either case. the correction has been made and auxiliary and percussion have been removed from the sweepstakes listing.

It does get confusing when different tournaments present awards in different formats. :oops:
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

SuperAction80
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SuperAction80 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm

With SCJA it seems every show has a different way to announce the "high" captions...but most shows they have a band sweepstakes winner everything else is broken down in divisions..it's confusing..like last night at the Surf City Open in Huntington Beach they announced all the high captions first as well as the percussion/auxiliary winner before they announced the band placements. Needless to say it took all suspense out of the awards ceremony...

instrumental director
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by instrumental director » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Oops...i was going to add the link that took you directly to the glendale scja shows scores...sorry Dave