Golden Valley Director Announces Retirement

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Cardinal Regime
Veteran
Veteran

Golden Valley Director Announces Retirement

Post by Cardinal Regime » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Golden Valley's Greg Christiansen has announced that he will be retiring at the end of this school year. I am happy for Mr. C, yet sad for the future members of the Cardinal Regime that will not have had the opportunity to learn from him.

Both Merced High and Golden Valley enjoyed tremendous success under his leadership in the late 1980's to the present. Both schools earned Rose Parade invitations while he was their director.

Golden Valley will begin looking for his replacement. The new director will need to be strong in parade competition and jazz instruction. The school and booster club will not financially support a band to compete in Field Show competitions. You may PM me for more information if you are interested in applying.

Thanks for all you have done Mr. C, you will be missed.

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Golden Valley Director Announces Retirement

Post by Psalm 56 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Congratulations to Mr. Christiansen for an outstanding career. I sincerely appreciate all you have done to promote a HIGH LEVEL of music education. I look forward to spending the day with the Merced high schools and middle schools next Friday. I do enjoy my time in Merced.

Best wishes on finding a successor,
Paul D. Everts
Music Teacher
Dublin High School

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by baritoneplayer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:32 pm

I too am sad to hear that Greg has decided to retire as director of the Cardinal Regime! He has provided many student's with great music instruction over the years! My two sons were both lucky to have had Greg as their band director. Good luck to you in your new job as a retired music educator. You deserve it!

mightyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mightyhorn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks Greg for all the inspiration over the years. I'm not even in your state but still catch your band on video and still use it as an example to my students.
mightyhorn

rhinestonekitty
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rhinestonekitty » Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Mr. C is an amazing band director...he will definitely be missed at GV!! I am sure the new band director will do a great job, but I am so glad I'm not in high school anymore because I'd be upset that he's retiring lol.

-Stephanie