Updates?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Tailz007

Updates?

Post by Tailz007 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 am

Why havn't the scores been posted? I know some have already, but i've been wanting to see where schools are at :| If anybody knows, who won the Rowland Tournament and Golden Valley Classic? An update of all classes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Updates?

Post by gangemi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:10 am

Wow...take a deep breath...life goes on if scores aren't posted at 11pm the day of a show.

Recaps from Royal and Valencia are on the calendar. The head judges have a life outside of what they do on Saturday's, and many of them wait until Sunday to send me the recaps.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:20 am

gangemi wrote:Recaps from Royal and Valencia are on the calendar.
But the links are errant... the Valencia link is wrong, it doesn't go to scsboa.org, and the Royal link was missing but has recently become visible. Luckily I know to decifer bad links and typed in the correct links to get to the recaps. So the Royal and Valencia scores are now posted to our scores page.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gangemi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:44 am

Dave-

Not sure what you are talking about, but the Valencia recap comes up fine on my computer

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 am

Hi Mike,

Originally the Valencia recap link had mychurchevents.com/scsboa.org/.... in the link, which came back as 404. I tried it several times without success earlier this evening. The "mychurchevents.com/" was NOT supposed to be there. It is fixed now...
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gangemi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:04 am

Very odd...I know originally it didn't work for that reason, but I immediately updated it. As for Royal, I uploaded it and then had to take it down to fix something, and then I re-posted it.

Still waiting for the other shows, but, like I said, I'm sure they'll come in the next few hours when the head judges wake up.

cgamy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cgamy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:29 am

[quote="gangemi"]Wow...take a deep breath...life goes on if scores aren't posted at 11pm the day of a show."

I sure wish we had a "like" button similar to facebook.... :|

Lucky2BMe
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Lucky2BMe » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 am

[quote="gangemi"]Wow...take a deep breath...life goes on if scores aren't posted at 11pm the day of a show.

WHAT?!?! :shock:

People do other things than Marching Band!?!?

I for one would like to thank you for all you do! :bow:

Lucky

supermutant
Veteran
Veteran

Post by supermutant » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:32 am

Well, paint me silly! Here I thought that 1 man could be at all 6 SCSBOA events on one day with laptop in hand and enter all the scores as they are announced. You(Gangemi) are a superman and I thank you for all of your hard work. Now go and enjoy yourself this afternoon. 8-)