2011-2012 Southern California Marching Band Events

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

2011-2012 Southern California Marching Band Events

Post by dr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

For those of you who, like me, don't like jumping from calendar to calendar or website to website to find out which events are happening on a given day/night, I assembled the information I could find from all the local judging associations onto a single page. I'm posting it here in case anyone would like a copy. If you know of any changes, let me know and I'll correct them and replace the file. Thanks.

dr
Attachments
20112012 March Events.pdf
2011-2012 SoCal Marching Band Events
(36.55 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2011-2012 Southern California Marching Band Events

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Trying to put me out of business, eh? :lol: But it's a good idea!

Remember that our calendar contains a lot of details about each event. But I guess I better include the Pageantry Production events too, I haven't in the past because they refuse to release the results of their competitive parades to the public.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by dr » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Bandmaster wrote:Trying to put me out of business, eh? :lol: But it's a good idea!

Remember that our calendar contains a lot of details about each event. But I guess I better include the Pageantry Production events too, I haven't in the past because they refuse to release the results of their competitive parades to the public.
Funny, Dave!! Not trying to put you out of business, I'm merely enhancing the information listed. I certainly understand your reluctance to post Pageantry Productions' events for the reason you stated, but the events are still attended by SoCal bands, boosters, and fans, so I listed them for that reason. Note, I also listed several events that are not even scored (Tournament of Roses Parade, etc.) so would also not be shown on the WoP Scores Page. And there are quite a few events from a few judging associations that were scored but were never reported and, thus do not appear on the WoP Scores Page. So, as I mentioned, I am ENHANCING your coverage. I'M certainly not prepared to find a replacement for this robust, popular, and valuable marching band resource. Everyone involved with marching bands should be subscribed to this website to get the "scoop" on what is happening in the marching band world - EVERYONE! I recommend it to everyone I speak with regarding marching band.
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!

Gallagher
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Gallagher » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Thank You :!:
Brian P. Gallagher
Ramona High School Dynasty Band and Color Guard Director