Chino

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Coach
New Recruit
New Recruit

Chino

Post by Coach » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 pm

I just noticed that the Mt Carmel website said that the Chino Show is officially cancelled. I can't tell if that is new news or if that only applied their band only. It looked mighty convincing that the whole thing is off. Please tell me it is not true. Don't make me start a picket line. :lol:

The last post by Harvey @ 9:00 a.m. said it is a go with few withdrawls. Please let that be true. :roll:
Be the Best YOU can be,
Because YOU can!

coachcheryl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Chino NOT Cancelled

Post by coachcheryl » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:53 pm

I believe what the webmaster of the band site meant to say was that our attending the tounament is cancelled. I am the webmaster for the guard site and I chose my words carefully. I think it is a misprint. Let me apologize for them, I am sure it was not intentional.
I believe the Chino show is still on!!!
Happy Spinning!!!
www.mchsguard.com

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Chino

Post by dr » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:14 pm

Coach wrote:I just noticed that the Mt Carmel website said that the Chino Show is officially cancelled. I can't tell if that is new news or if that only applied their band only. It looked mighty convincing that the whole thing is off. Please tell me it is not true. Don't make me start a picket line. :lol:

The last post by Harvey @ 9:00 a.m. said it is a go with few withdrawls. Please let that be true. :roll:
Mt. Carmel is cancelled from the Chino Invitational, but the event is still going on. Trust me on this. But we will sorely miss Mt. Carmel.

Dennis
President
Chino Invitational

Coach
New Recruit
New Recruit

Thank You

Post by Coach » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:44 pm

Thanks Coachcheryl and DR.

The Vista Murrieta band is excited to attend this show as it will be a great learning experience for all of our students in attendence. Being a 95%freshman group and new school this weekend is the perfect chance to expose our group to the fall marching activities. This will allow the kids to watch how things are done and apply it the next week at their debut performance in the Rancho Cucamonga Parade.

Good skill to all in attendance this weekend at such a great tournament.
Be the Best YOU can be,
Because YOU can!

coachcheryl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by coachcheryl » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:10 pm

Wow! A new group :) I was blessed with a new group last year and had the time of my life! New school, same thing 95 % freshman. Newest school in Poway Unified.
Our guard was very successful both in parade and Winterguard. Mostly Winterguard. I started them in Regional A as they were new students and they were promoted twice and then came back at Championships and won a gold medal!! I wish you all the success, it seems new students are more eager to please and you should be really successful and have a great time!
Are you a guard coach or a music coach or marching??(or maybe a director?)
I wish you all the luck in the world! Have fun :jester:

SoCalBandFan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Thank You

Post by SoCalBandFan » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:14 pm

Coach wrote:Thanks Coachcheryl and DR.

The Vista Murrieta band is excited to attend this show as it will be a great learning experience for all of our students in attendence. Being a 95%freshman group and new school this weekend is the perfect chance to expose our group to the fall marching activities. This will allow the kids to watch how things are done and apply it the next week at their debut performance in the Rancho Cucamonga Parade.

Good skill to all in attendance this weekend at such a great tournament.
I have another field show that would be great for you guys. It's the first annual Valley View Veteran's Day Classic at Valley View HS in Moreno Valley on Monday November 10th. I've checked and your school district has Tuesday November 11th off as a holiday. It also gives your group a chance to perform under the lights. E-Mail me if you would like any information.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:23 pm

I know that this is pretty late, but I want to wish everyone good luck at Chino. I wish I could be there with my band (Mt. Carmel), watching and performing. Well, I hope you guys have fun, and I can't wait to see the results of the tournament.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

coachcheryl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Watching too~

Post by coachcheryl » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:30 pm

I am watching too, can't wait to see how everyone did!
Cheryl
MC Guard mom

AggieC13
New Recruit
New Recruit

chino

Post by AggieC13 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:22 pm

Well the bands in my mind did very well. I wish mt. carmel had been there! It would have been a way better tournament. Well I ope everyone who has been really affected by the fires is ok. Anyone who lost their home or a family member /friend i hope you get through it.

PS. I LOVE YOU CHINO CLARINETS!!!

LOVE YOU SOPHOMORE CLARINETS

love MOMO