Golden Hornet Marching Contest Results.

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Golden Hornet Marching Contest Results.

Post by JLGORMAN » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Below are the results of the East Central High School Golden Hornet Marching Contest in San Antonio,TX. This is the first marching contest of the fall season in Texas. All Bands are in UIL Enrollment classes.

Class A
1. Junction
2. Falls City

Class AA
1. Comfort

Class AAA
1. Crystal City
2. Hondo
3. Marion
4. Cuero
5. Poteet

Class AAAA
1. Hays
2. Floresville
3. Kennedy, San Antonio(S/A)
4. McCallum, Austin

Class AAAAA
1. Sandra Day O'Connor SA
2. Taft, SA
3. John Jay SA
4. John Marshall SA
5. Oliver Wendell Holmes SA

Scores were not posted yet.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Golden Hornet Marching Contest Results.

Post by Bandmaster » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Hey Jeff, if you are going to send in scores from Texas shows regularly this year I'll start up the Texas band scores page again for this year. Just let me know! I haven't set it up yet since nobody posted any Texas show dates to the events calendar.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JLGORMAN » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Dave: Why not open up the Texas Scores Page. I will try and report the events as I find out about them. I will be able to report on UIL, USSBA and BOA events without much problem, however the invitationals are never easy.

Fort those of you outside of TX, you will notice that each invitiationall contest is different. We have ratings, rankings, scoring, placements and some events give out awards to DM, Aux, Brass, Etc, others do not. Some have 5 judges, some have 3. If there is no listing for percussion scoring, that is because they either did not report it, or they did not score that portion. Further this fall the Bands in the Houston area will probably not have many events due to Hurricane Ike. For those not familar with UIL, Regional Scores are all Ratings. The Area Scores are the composite of judges placements, (if you do not understand that , trust me you are not alone). But I will try to keep all infomed with what is going on in TX
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

rdrubio

Post by rdrubio » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Slight oversight perhaps?
Class 5A
3rd Place John Paul Stevens (SA)